The change of your residence on your passport or identity card can only be done via post. For this purpose, please send:
- Application form for change of address (Click here to download)
- Your passport/ identity card
- Most recent German local authority de-registration form (‘Abmeldebestätigung’) - only applicable, if the last place of residence was in Germany or if a German place of residence is shown in the passport
- Recent proof of address in Ireland (e.g. utility bill or bank statement)
- Self-addressed, prepaid large envelope (€ 9.50 for registered post)
After we have received your documents, we will process your application as soon as possible. However, the processing time may take a few working days.