Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

Change the residence on your passport and identity card

Cliffs of Moher, County Clare

Klippen, Cliffs of Moher, County Clare, Irland, © picture-alliance/Arco Images

02.03.2023 - Artikel

The change of your residence on your passport or identity card can only be done via post. For this purpose, please send:

  • Application form for change of address (Click here to download)
  • Your passport/ identity card
  • Most recent German local authority de-registration form (‘Abmeldebestätigung’) - only applicable, if the last place of residence was in Germany or if a German place of residence is shown in the passport
  • Recent proof of address in Ireland (e.g. utility bill or bank statement)
  • Self-addressed, prepaid large envelope (€ 9.50 for registered post)

After we have received your documents, we will process your application as soon as possible. However, the processing time may take a few working days.

Information on GDPR

nach oben