Family Matters

Foto eines lachenden Babys

Foto eines lachenden Babys, © www.colourbox.com


Additional content

In Germany, marriage may only be contracted before a registrar. It is suggested that foreign citizens contact the appropriate registrar's office ('Standesamt') for detailed information.

Getting married in Germany

The following information can be useful for you, if you recently got married outside of Germany, gave birth to a child outside of Germany or if you want to change your name.

Names according to German law

In order for the Embassy to prepare your name declaration, please fill out the form below and e-mail it to the Embassy before your appointment.

Top of page